Category Page Filtering
On the Category Filtering Settings page, you will manage Search Magic Category settings. Newly added Categories in BigCommerce will be added automatically when the store indexes. Any new category pages will be disabled by default. You can learn more how to edit categories by going through the below.
- How to Edit Category Filtering Settings?
- How to Install Category Filtering into BigCommerce Theme?
- Default Settings on newly created Category
Default Settings on newly created Category
Allows you to edit and adjust Default settings of newly created categories. You can setup what Filters are displayed and how the product sort order is setup on the category pages. Below is a screenshot and more info.
- What Products should be Shown on Category Page?
- Show Products from current Category only - This option will only show Products that are directly attached to the category page.
- Show Products from current Category and it's Subcategory Products - This option will show products attached to the category and any products attached to subcategories. So if this is a main category page and you have many subcategories, it will show all of the products for the subcategory.
- Select Filters to be shown on newly created category pages - Check the checkbox for the filters that you'd like to be displayed.
- Set Product Order - This section allows you to set the default sort order of newly created sections. To do so, you need to select a field from the sort drop down and then set the sort direction. Below is more info.
- Select Sort - Select the Field you'd like to sort
- Set Direction - Set the Direction you want the field to be sorted.
- Ascending - If the field values/options has integers the values will be sorted by Highest to Lowest. If the field values/options is a string the values will be sorted in Alphabetical Order
- Descending - If the field values/options has integers the values will be sorted by Lowest to Highest. If the field values/options is a string the values will be sorted in Reverse Alphabetical Order
- Sort Priority - Allows you to set the priority of the Property sort. The first field in the list takes precedence over the remaining list
- To sort a property on a desktop you will be able to drag and drop by the Sort by clicking the icon and hold down the click and move to the position you’d like. Or you may be able to change the position number, to move the sort.
- Remove - The Remove button will remove the filter from the sort.