How to Edit Collection Page Filtering Settings?
In the Collection Page Filtering Settings you'll be able to do the following:
- Enable Collection Page Filtering
- Manage Collection Page Filters
- Manage Collection Product Sort
Enable Collection Page
In the Collection Page Settings, you'll be able to Enable or Disable the Collection Page Filtering. You need to make sure that you have installed the Search Magic snippets into your Shopify Theme.
- Enabled - Enables or Disables the Collection Page filtering within the Shopify Store.
- Yes - Will show the collection Page filtering in the store.
- No - Will show your Shopify Theme Collection results. That is if you installed the
Manage Collection Page Filters
In the Collection Page filters, you'll be able to Enable or Disable Filters
- Enable a filter - By checking the check-box
- Disable a filter - By unchecking check-box
Manage Collection Product Sort
Collection page sorting has 2 options. You can sort the collection by a property or you can setup your own product sort.
Sort By Property
This section allows you to sort your products based on a field from your store set the sort direction. Below is more info.
- Set Product Order - Select the Field you'd like to sort
- Set Direction - Set the Direction you want the field to be sorted.
- Ascending - If the field values/options has integers the values will be sorted by Highest to Lowest. If the field values/options is a string the values will be sorted in Alphabetical Order
- Descending - If the field values/options has integers the values will be sorted by Lowest to Highest. If the field values/options is a string the values will be sorted in Reverse Alphabetical Order
- Sort Priority - Allows you to set the priority of the Property sort. The first field in the list takes precedence over the remaining list
- To sort a property on a desktop you will be able to drag and drop by the Sort by clicking the icon and hold down the click and move to the position you’d like. Or you may be able to change the position number, to move the sort.
- Remove - The Remove button will remove the filter from the sort.
Custom Product Sort
This will section will allow you to manually setup how your products will be sorted on your collection pages. See more info on how to do that.
- New Products will be: - This setting will allow you setup where you'd like new products added to the collections after you've setup your product sort order.
- Added Before All Products - Any newly added products to the collections will be added before all of your other sorted products.
- Added After All Products - Any newly added products to the collections will be added at the end of your sorted products.
- Load Products - Click on the Load Products button in order to load the products in the collection to begin Sorting the products. Loaded products will look something like the below.
- To change the order of the products in the collection, you can click and drag the product into it's new position or you can change the number in the upper right had corner to change the position.