How to edit Category Page Settings
In the Category Page Filtering Settings you'll be able to do the following:
- Enable Category Page Filtering
- Manage Category Page Filters
- Manage Category Product Sort
Enable Category Page
In the Category Page Settings, you'll be able to Enable or Disable the Category Page Filtering. You need to make sure that you have installed the Search Magic Category Filtering into your BigCommerce Store.
- Enabled - Enables or Disables the Category Filtering within the BigCommerce Store.
- Yes - Will show the Category Filtering in the store.
- No - Will show your BigCommerce Theme Category results. That is if you installed the
Manage Category Page Filters
In the Category Page filters, you'll be able to Enable or Disable Filters
- Enable a filter - By checking the check-box
- Disable a filter - By unchecking check-box
Manage Category Product Sort
Category page sorting has 2 options. You can sort the category by a property or you can setup your own product sort.
Sort By Property
This section allows you to sort your products based on a field from your store set the sort direction. Below is more info.
- Set Product Order - Select the Field you'd like to sort
- Set Direction - Set the Direction you want the field to be sorted.
- Ascending - If the field values/options has integers the values will be sorted by Highest to Lowest. If the field values/options is a string the values will be sorted in Alphabetical Order
- Descending - If the field values/options has integers the values will be sorted by Lowest to Highest. If the field values/options is a string the values will be sorted in Reverse Alphabetical Order
- Sort Priority - Allows you to set the priority of the Property sort. The first field in the list takes precedence over the remaining list
- To sort a property on a desktop you will be able to drag and drop by the Sort by clicking the icon and hold down the click and move to the position you’d like. Or you may be able to change the position number, to move the sort.
- Remove - The Remove button will remove the filter from the sort.
Custom Product Sort
This will section will allow you to manually setup how your products will be sorted on your category pages. See more info on how to do that.
- New Products will be: - This setting will allow you setup where you'd like new products added to the categories after you've setup your product sort order.
- Added Before All Products - Any newly added products to the categories will be added before all of your other sorted products.
- Added After All Products - Any newly added products to the categories will be added at the end of your sorted products.
- Load Products - Click on the Load Products button in order to load the products in the category to begin Sorting the products. Loaded products will look something like the below.
- To change the order of the products in the category, you can click and drag the product into it's new position or you can change the number in the upper right had corner to change the position.